We're hiring a Cellarman!
About Alefarm Brewing
Alefarm Brewing is a family-run craft brewery with a focus on modern hoppy offerings, a wide array of unique, flavorful farmhouse ales and full-bodied stouts, rich in flavor and character.
Alefarm Brewing is driven forward by a team of highly ambitious people. We call ourselves the Alefam, the people who work at the brewery. This is the family that you will be joining.
We have a fixed line-up of beers supplemented by seasonal offerings, new releases and collaborations. Our production is carried forward by an explorative, creative and spontaneous brewing philosophy resulting in quality drinking experiences for all.
About the role as Cellarman
Alefarm Brewing is seeking a hardworking, detail-oriented and passionate brewing industry professional to join our growing team in a Cellarman capacity. The primary focus of this position is supporting our brewing team through various cellaring, packaging and inventory management activities.
The position is task oriented and requires an individual who is able to multi-task effectively. Attention to detail is of the utmost importance. This role will initially focus on cellar work, tank CIP, working on the canning line, and of course, lots of cleaning!
We are especially looking for a candidate who would like to grow with the company; with proven experience in the cellar, the role may come to include brewing activities in the future.
Please note that we are looking to hire quickly, a start date in June is highly preferable.
Key responsibilities include:
- Quality assurance
- Beer transfers – tank to tank/prep beers for packaging
- Cleaning, sanitation and maintenance of FVs and canning line
- Assisting other team members as needed – Packaging line, Brew house, inventory management etc
- Proper handling of chemicals required for sanitization and cleaning of equipment
- Understanding and practicing all internal safety standards
- Helping the Alefarm team produce the best beer we possibly can
- Being part of a fun-loving yet driven-work environment
Experience and requirements:
- Passion for all things Craft Beer, with a focus on constant improvement of process and goods produced
- Exceptional attention to cleanliness, a lover of a clean work environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must
- A problem solver with attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Forklift experience a plus
- Ability to work both independently and within a team, with minimal supervision
- Experience handling chemicals with an emphasis on CIP and SIP protocols
- Minimum 1 year experience in a production environment preferred
- Ability to stand and perform repetitive motions for extended periods of time
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 25-40 kg
We offer a highly competitive compensation package based on experience including opportunities for advancement and on-the-job training - and of course a generous beer benefit, so that you can enjoy the luxuries of your hard work.
Salary depends on your experience and typically starts at $39,000 a year before taxes.
How to apply
If the above sounds exciting and you are ready to join the Alefam, e-mail your resume and a cover letters to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are excited to hear from you - and for you to be a part of our journey!
All the best,
Founder and CEO